1. The country shall have a defense force whose number shall be determined by the parliament/House of People’s Representatives. Its recruitment shall take into account proportional representation of each nation or nationality, level of education and professional competency.
2. Though the major duty of the defense forces is to guard national boundary; it can participate in development activities when necessary.
3. It shall not intervene in regional affairs unless invited by the regional governments.
4. The defense force shall be free from any political impartiality. It shall not side with any political party.
5. Regions shall establish their own police force. The Police force shall remain politically impartial.